Experienced Miami Attorneys Help families and their closely held businesses Plan for Tomorrow.
ESTABLISHED BOUTIQUE LAW FIRM MANAGES ADMINISTRATION AND LITIGATION
Since 1925, Therrel Baisden, LLP has helped families and their closely held businesses plan for the future. We employ proven strategies to start a business, structure assets, preserve wealth, minimize tax exposure and transfer wealth to the next generation. But reliable business and estate planning is only part of what we do. Clients also trust us to guide families through the probate process, and administer trusts for the benefit of children and grandchildren and when necessary litigate estate and trust controversies. In addition to having a fulltime probate department, our attorneys spend a significant amount of time at the courthouse in front of the probate judges and are very familiar with the court’s ever changing administration procedures. We are proud to continue to counsel multiple generations of families who know they will receive outstanding legal and personal service from an established law firm they can trust.
WORK WITH A PLANNING ATTORNEY WHO’S COMMITTED TO YOUR SUCCESS
Life is full of uncertainty, but prudent planning can help achieve peace of mind in wealth preservation and family succession planning. When you come to Therrel Baisden, LLP for assistance, you’ll be guided by an attorney who is:
- Reputable — For more than 90 years, our firm has upheld the highest professional and ethical standards, which have also been recognized by our attorneys who have earned AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings from Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Practical — Our planning strategies produce tangible and reliable results for businesses and individual clients concerned with protecting assets, growing wealth, and leaving an appropriate legacy.
- Responsive — Planning is only successful when it addresses your concerns and your unique circumstances. We provide personalized service at every stage and remain available and proactive to amend your plan whenever your situation changes.
By working closely with an attorney at our firm, you can develop a plan that provides confidence and peace of mind.
Trustworthy legal guidance for a variety of business and personal concerns
Therrel Baisden assists individual clients and businesses on matters related to:
- Estate planning — We provide a full range of estate planning services for both domestic and international clients, including estate, gift tax and generation skipping transfer tax planning.
- Business planning — We help entrepreneurs launch new businesses in choice of entity, as well as buying and selling their businesses. We also help domestic and international families restructure their assets and business entities for more robust management, tax planning and succession planning.
- Wealth Preservation and Asset Protection – Wealth preservation and asset protection is always our primary focus in all of our planning strategies. We assist families in reviewing their current assets and businesses and provide thoughtful strategies to maximize asset protection. We focus not only on minimizing federal tax exposure but more importantly the exposure of 3rd party creditors. This includes creating business structures during the lifetimes of our clients but also trust structures for future generations to avoid liability exposure, including potential future divorces for our clients’ children and grandchildren. We also represent many clients and their children in the preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to minimize liability exposure upon both divorce and death.
- Trust, estate and guardianship administration — We provide reliable guidance for fiduciaries in settling estates, administering trust and guardianships. We also act as personal representatives and trustees when requested.
- Probate and trust controversy and litigation — When sometimes unavoidable controversies arise while settling an estate or administering a trust, we provide diligent representation for fiduciaries and beneficiaries in such controversies and litigation.
- Income tax — Our attorneys, including those with Masters in Tax Law (LLM), manage all areas of taxation, including state and federal income tax, business taxation, and international tax planning. We represent clients on tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service and the Florida Department of Revenue as well as assist clients through the various voluntary compliance programs that exist from time to time.
As a boutique estate and business planning law firm, we are committed to addressing your concerns in a comprehensive and highly professional manner.